Are you a internet business owner?
Are you looking for some great tips to making your LinkedIn account work for you and your business?
Try some of these tips and make your LinkedIn account one to be noticed.
1. Check the Expertise Requests option in your profile.
2. Complete your profile as thoroughly as possible, and include interests, an
avatar, and business information.
3. Connect with as many business associates as you can, since they will help
you to network with like minded individuals and companies.
4. Learn from others and gain new knowledge, so you can become an expert in
other subjects and topics.
5. Ask questions.
6. Answer questions. Use your knowledge to your advantage by answering
peoples’ questions thoroughly and expertly, and you’ll gain other users’
7. Check your home page on LinkedIn fairly often. It contains industry updates,
news, and postings from associates.
8. On company profiles, the top five most popular other profiles are displayed on
the home page. This is important since it will show others who you associate
with, so be aware of who your top five are.
9. Choose the top 5 who will link back to you, so there is a reciprocal benefit.
10. Be sure to explain your work experience in as much detail as possible. Don’t
just list employers or experience, but instead expand upon it by showing
others’ what you’ve done in detail.
11. Comment in the discussion forums as much as you can so your profile gets
12. Update your status with useful content and information as much as possible.
13. Feel free to implement keywords in both your profile and your content, so that
your information comes up in search engine results.
14. Do not forget to include your LinkedIn profile link in other places like Twitter,
Digg, and other social media websites.
15. LinkedIn is also a useful employment tool, so if you’re hiring, use it to find
We all want to be a Social Media Rock star.
Here are some tips to make the most out of your YouTube Channel and become the SM guru you want to be.
1. Make the videos viral, and spread them to as many websites as possible.
2. Use other social media sites like Twitter and Digg to post your videos.
3. Create well thought out, professional style videos that are edited properly.
4. Make sure the sound on your videos is clear and mixed and edited well so
users can clearly hear it.
5. Keep content funny, engaging, and informative so viewers will watch it from
beginning to end.
6. Try to keep the videos you create clean without too much controversial
7. Embed your logo and website into the video somehow. You can do this with
text at the end or beginning, or by including your logo or URL throughout the
8. Have goals for your YouTube videos, but remember that there are thousands
of videos on the site, and some have millions of hits while others only have a
couple hundred. Set realistic goals.
9. Make sure you have good camera and editing equipment. If you don’t want to
sink the money into these things, consider hiring a professional.
10. Keep the resolution of the video as high as possible, so it’s as clear as it can
11. Think about overall color schemes. Some videos may record in a yellow or
red hue. This can affect viewer’s opinions subliminally, so try to keep the
12. Be yourself. Do not lose sight of the purpose and mission of the video. Be
yourself and loosen up when speaking.
13. Remember that nothing is perfect in online videos unless you have a
professional editor, so just have fun and keep the goal in mind.
14. Practice before posting the final video. Do a few dry runs before taping and
15. Create a series of ongoing videos or stories, so users will be hooked and
want to learn more.
Try using a few of these tips and see how your engagement and community will grow.
Track Your Twitter Results
As with any marketing campaign, you should monitor your Twitter promotional campaigns by tracking the results. One free way to do this is to use http://search.twitter.com/ to find all instances of people talking about you or your business on Twitter. Another tool you can use is called Tweet Beep: http://tweetbeep.com/. This service will automatically email you whenever something about you or your business is Tweeted. Finally, you can check your website’s analytics/traffic statistics program to determine how much traffic you have received from Twitter. If you don’t currently have a good traffic statistics program, you can get one for free from here: http://www.statcounter.com/.
Think in Terms of Social Capital
When it comes to using any form of social media services to promote your business, it is always a good idea to think in terms of building social capital that will generate flows of returns over a long period of time. It’s important to understand this because many marketers treat social media sites like pay-per-click (PPC) advertising services. That is—they expect to see returns immediately after creating an account on Facebook or Twitter. In reality, using social media sites correctly requires that you build up a large following over a long period of time. You can think of these networks that you are building as a form of capital. Once sufficiently large, you can begin to use it to bring in additional members (without actively marketing) and additionalcustomers.
Tactic #1: Be Consistent with Your
Social Media Identity:
Now that you’re ready to enter the world of social media, it’s important for you to spend some time carefully thinking about your social media identity before you create a Twitter account, launch a Facebook fan page, and begin to market your business through social media channels.The first thing you will want to do is decide whether you should market your business as your business, as yourself, or as both. Each of the three options has benefits, but it is ultimately up to you to decide which will work best for your particular situation.Once you have selected your route, you should create accounts on social media sites and setup a profile that reflects your choice. For instance, a Twitter account for your business should focus exclusively on business activities—and not your personal life.
Tactic #2: Create a Coherent Social
This tip closely relates to tip 1: once you have your social media site profiles setup, you’ll want to start finding followers; and then using those followers to collect information and market products. As you go through this process, it is important to maintain a coherent message. For this reason, it might make sense to spend some time planning a general “theme” for your social media profiles. For instance, is their purpose to alert people to sales and to tell them about contests you are holding? Or is the purpose to discuss the general industry in which your business falls; and mention your new products casually? There’s not necessarily a best approach to take here, but it is important that you pick one and stick with it. Creating an incoherent message and confuse and drive away potential customers who are following you.
Affiliate work is a rewarding work at home profession. There are hundreds of companies and small businesses that will pay you a commission for selling their top selling products. There are 2 main ingredients for success. Successful affiliates learn networking techniques and apply them, and the most important ingredient of all is to have a positive attitude. If you have these two things, there are virtually no limits to what can be accomplished.
For anyone new, or old to the affiliate profession it can get extremely tough, Those tough times can make or break, the work at home affiliate. When times are rough it is sometimes easier to just throw up your hands, and walk away, but for the successful marketer there is no walking away, they stick with it, they are patient, and persistent. These people have started a mission and will not quit until they succeed. If this sounds like you than this profession may be just what you have been looking for.
For most people the most difficult times are seen, when they first start out. This is the time to be diligent. As a newbie you have to work much harder than the old timer who, has advertised their web pages and products for years. Most old timers can literally go away for a month or more, and come back to find that while they were gone they made sales. This is known to the industry as auto pilot. For the newbie it will be awhile until their site goes into auto pilot, but auto pilot should be something to shoot for in the affiliate based business.
More people are discovering the power of affiliate marketing to supplement or even replace their existing income. But there are even more people who would like to have a slice of this exciting world but are unsure exactly what an affiliate program is or what it consists of.
When discussing an affiliate program, it helps to compare it to a traditional networking company where a network of salespeople and distributors are recruited to sell their products to all corners of the globe.
As an example, instead of a company selling directly to their customers it sells products through a series of distributors and salespeople. In turn, the members of this distribution and sales network enjoy a very good living by promoting the products made by others.
In essence, the affiliate programs found on the internet are distribution and sales efforts taken to the online world. The affiliate web site takes the place of the distributor and sales network, and the individual is paid by the seller of the product when a sale is made. Of course there are affiliate programs where physical products have to be shipped but there are also many other affiliate programs where only software or informational products have to be downloaded.
If you’re just boarding on the AdSense train, and looking to find a quick way to make the profits you’ve seen all being pulled of all over the Internet, you might be interested in a couple of tools.
These software tools are designed to aid AdSense publishers in getting a better understanding on how traffic flows through their site. Some will help you in understanding which keywords gain you more money and which locations give you the best AdSense payment.
One of the best such tools available is AdSense Gold (http://www.profitbooks.com/go/astracker) which allows you to have a better understanding of which ads and formats actually get more clicks and which are useful or nearly useless.
This program works by tracking views and clicks on all the publisher’s pages. It even goes as far as offering you the possibility to see which referrer each visitor came in through.
There’s a free tool called SynSense (http://www.singerscreations.com/RSS/Posts/235.asp) which is more of an AdSense monitoring tool. This sits in the tray and offers actualized AdSense stats as you hover your mouse over its icon. It’s a very nice tool for those which like to be informed on how their AdSense is doing at all times of the day.
Every business demands growth, and double-digit growth is the dream of every dedicated business owner, even when lackluster results show up at quarter’s end.
Most entrepreneurial business owners need a guide to navigate their way toward substantial, sustainable growth. It can be done even in a slow economy as demonstrated by such companies as Harley Davidson, Starbucks, and WalMart. Even smaller companies such as Paychex and Oshkosh Truck have been able to make gains in revenue, gross profits and net profits.
Here are 5 disciplines of sustained growth:
- Retain Your Customer Base: Keep the growth that you have already earned by coaxing customers into complex relationships that make it a hassle for them to switch to your competitor. Tailor your products/services using data gleaned from your customers giving you an advantage. Proactively managing customer defections will help you anticipate and pre-empt them. Bonding with customers wherever emotion is tied to an interaction is another great way to retain them.
- Gain Market Share at the Expense of Your Rivals: Give customers a reason to abandon a competitor’s product/service for yours. Do what it takes to lower the switching costs. Pulling customers away from a competitor can be difficult, so you must devote many resources to raiding their customer base. Offering higher value and quality are crucial to this end. Buying a competitor is another way to do this.
- Exploit Market Position: Show up where growth is going to happen by spotting it early. This can be done by watching the industry for shifts in buying criteria, product or service innovations, and population trends. You must be able to spot positioning opportunities to make the most of them by continually using a systematic approach to the process.
- Invade Adjacent Markets: Before moving into a nearby market, decide whether it offers significant long-term growth and profitability. Determine whether you have an advantage over a competitor, and ensure you can match its standards of quality and value.
- Invest In New Lines of Business: If you take this approach, never overpay for a new line. You must find simple strategies instead of complex ones, and partner with the new business by assessing its leadership team and balance sheet
Although a successful growth portfolio might not include all five of these disciplines, it must contain more than one. Only a balanced growth portfolio can keep an organization growing when the market shifts dramatically.
In closing I wish a happy and safe Memorial Day to all my entrepreneurial buddies and readers. Drive carefully!
A very important element in the rapid adoption of AdSense is that it has been very easy for publishers to get the ads on their site as quickly as possible.
Integrating AdSense in your website takes only a few minutes, and you can be on your way with one or more nicely integrated AdSense ads.
The first thing you need to do is navigate to http://www.google.com/adsense and either apply or log in with your existing account and password. What follows is a page presenting the Google AdSense Terms and Conditions which you must agree to in order to proceed.
You are presented with a report page which you can use to get a detailed status on how your AdSense advertising is doing. This allows you to improve your site’s contents and layout to maximize your AdSense earnings.
When the first generation of women entered the workforce in earnest in the 1970s, they succeeded in the only way they could – by imitating men. Authoritarian leadership and tight control was the hallmark of that day’s businessman, and women were not exactly welcomed into the ranks of management. Well ladies, that was yesterday, and today is today!
Forget what your mama or your boss told you, because following the rules can be bad for your career. Today’s CEO/entrepreneur can no longer tap his/her company’s full potential using a “command-and-control” style. The 21st century business woman needs to be able to build a vision based on the awareness of economic transformation, then help her partners and staff fulfill that vision. She must draw on a wide range of skills to get to the top and stay there. Following are 7 Key Characteristics that are essential:
- Sell the Vision: A leader with a fresh, independent plan for her company’s growth and future has a distinct advantage in luring and keeping great talent and investors. Vision is not some lofty ideal, but an obtainable concept that is easy to understand and will make the company grow to another level.
- Reinvent the Rules: While women have traditionally been socialized to please others, the 21st century leader knows that good girls rarely post great returns. The strong managers/owners today not only anticipate change, they create entirely new organizations that respond to shifts and search for innovation.
- Achieve With A Laser Focus: Go where others fear to tread! Being aggressive and ambitious has long been considered male traits, but they are key qualities for new leaders. Today’s business woman has the ability to home in on opportunities that others may simply not see, and then excel in that uncharted territory.
- Use High-Touch in a High-Tech Era: When a number of leaders are conducting business by e-mail, voice mail, passwords, and PINs, the female entrepreneur succeeds because she guides with a strong, personal, bed-side manner. Today’s business woman is just as technologically savvy as her peers, but her skill with staff and customers is “high-touch” which gives her a critical edge and separation from the “pack”.
- Challenge or Opportunity? – Women are great at turning a challenge into an opportunity instead of using the “slash-and-burn” approach. They are able to make bold strokes, but they also win the cooperation of others in the organization in making any transformation a success.
- A Customer Preference Obsession: In this information age which makes it easier to shop around for the best “whatever”, businesses must work harder to give people what they want before their competitors do. There is no substitute for spending time with clients to become expert at their businesses and learn their demands. Female leaders are almost intuitively adept in doing just that, and without the client even suspecting.
- Courage Under Fire: Show me any career woman or female entrepreneur today that isn’t able to “stand-the-heat” in any tough-call situation. Their decision-making skills are rooted in a high level of confidence, because they’ve had to weather and surpass any and all “corporate” storms they’ve encountered over time.
It takes a certain mind-set and bravado for anyone to start their own business and succeed, but it’s even more difficult for a female entrepreneur. Let’s face it, ladies! We’ve always had to be twice-as-smart and twice-as-confident as any male counterpart in the corporate world. After all, if we can bear and raise the future generation, how can running a successful business scare us?